Words by Corina Tan
JOALI Maldives stands out from the crowd of luxury resorts in the region with a focus on preserving and protecting nature at its core. Located on the island of Muravandhoo in the unspoilt Raa Atoll just 45 minutes away from Male by private seaplane, JOALI Maldives truly embodies the joys of life that are woven through its focus on art and sustainable luxury, gastronomy, family and wellbeing. An ideal multi-generational family reunion holiday destination for the summer, JOALI Maldives comprises 73 elegant and private beach and over-water villas and residences, all impeccably designed and able to cater for families of all sizes with 2, 3 and 4-bedroom beach and water villas available.
This summer, JOALI Maldives will be running a new Kids Summer Club specially for children aged 4-12 years. Based at the Muramas Kids Club onsite, the new Kids Summer Club incorporates a two-week program that runs continuously throughout June, July and August. Fun and educational activities abound, catered to budding artists, chefs and adventurers. All experiences have been carefully curated by JOALI’s expert team of resident artists, marine-biologists and chefs, providing the ideal blend of joy, creativity and learning. The activity highlights include:
Immersive Art Activities
- Ceramics Art Class: JOALI’s resident artist will be conducting paint and ceramics workshops for young guests, allowing them to channel their creativity and curiosity through a hands-on creative arts experience.
- Tropical island-themed art workshops: including Tote Bag Painting, a wild-art Palm Leaves craft class and learning to make your own Watermelon Fan.
- A “Trash to Treasure” paper-beads making class: educating young guests on the importance of recycling and reducing waste.
- An “Island of Art” Treasure Hunt: allowing children to discover JOALI’s immersive art pieces in a fun, age-appropriate way.
- Puppet Making class and colourful Finger-Painting sessions.
Fun with Food
- Pizza Making in the Kids Club Kitchen: offering a safe environment for young chefs to discover culinary arts.
- Fruit kebab creation: promoting healthy snacking in a fun and interactive way, teaching children about different tropical fruits and their origins.
- Under the Ocean: hosted by JOALI’s Marine Biologists, this workshop aims to provide children with a deeper understanding of our oceans with fun activities and a guided snorkelling trip.
- A Five Senses Nature Walk: this guided nature-walk allows children to use sight, smell, touch, taste, and sound to connect with JOALI’s natural tropical island whilst staying active.
Movement and Games
- Yoga for Kids: helping to teach children how to deal with stress in a healthy way with easy-to-learn asanas, mindful breathing exercises, colour therapy and yoga wrist bands.
- Family favourite activities including Junior Ping-Pong tournaments, Paddle Boarding and Badminton Fun.
- An early evening Beach Nature Walk and Hermit the Crab Race.
- Action-packed island competitions: including Capture the flag and a scenic Beach Treasure Hunt
While the children are kept busy with the myriad of activities lined up for them at the new Kids Summer Club, parents and other adults are free to explore the island’s many delights, including some tranquillity at the resort’s ESPA spa and fitness centre. Later in the evenings, families can gather together again, creating joyful memories with activities such as family cooking classes, glass-bottom kayaking, snorkelling, turtle and dolphin cruise adventures, desert island ‘Robinson Crusoe’ themed beach picnics and open-air beach cinema entertainment.
To end the day with a culinary journey of flavours, JOALI’s excellent island restaurants also provide the opportunity for family celebration dinners. JOALI’s Michelin-starred Italian Food Consultant, Chef Theodore Falser, will be on the island during the summer months from June through August to host special culinary evenings at Bellini’s – JOALI’s fine dining Mediterranean restaurant. To add to the excitement, award-winning Chef Hidemasa Yamamoto will also host exclusive gourmet events at Saoke – JOALI’s overwater Japanese restaurant this July.
“At JOALI Maldives, we warmly welcome families of all ages and sizes, and this summer we are excited to be hosting a special Kids Summer Club with a careful curation of meaningful experiences that bring families together” – Enver Arslan, General Manager at JOALI Maldives.
JOALI Maldives has villas from USD2,190 per night based on a family of four (with one child and one infant) sharing a Beach Villa with Pool on a B&B basis. For further details and booking, please visit www.joali.com.