Effective March 1, Berjaya Corp has announced several changes in its boardroom.
In a statement, the conglomerate said that Tan Sri Vincent Tan has relinquished his position as non-independent non-executive chairman of Berjaya Corp.
He will take on the role of advisor to provide guidance to the board which includes his daughter Chryseis Tan. While taking a backseat he will support the continued growth of the group.
The exciting new line-up includes an all-female boardroom for Berjaya Corp.
Newly appointed positions
1. Tunku Tun Aminah Binti Sultan Ibrahim Ismail – Non-Independent Non-Executive Chairman
2. Vivienne Cheng Chi Fan – Joint Group Chief Executive Officer/ Executive Director
3. Nerine Tan Sheik Ping – Joint Group Chief Executive Officer/ Executive Director
4. Norlela Baharudin – Executive Director
5. Chryseis Tan Sheik Ling – Executive Director
6. Dr. Jayanti Naidu G. Danasamy – Independent Non-Executive Director
7. Penelope Gan Paik Ling – Independent Non-Executive Director
8. Datuk Leong Kwei Chun, JP (Dato’ Anne Eu, JP) – Independent Non-Executive Director
Tan Sri Vincent Tan was quoted saying, “The latest changes in the BCorp boardroom reflect the group’s commitment to promote women’s empowerment in the workplace. I have every confidence in the leadership abilities of all the women on the board to effectively lead the group to greater heights.”
He is very much passionate about finding solutions to assist the B40 group to be able to buy and own an affordable home. He founded Yayasan MyFirst Home with a personal donation of RM5mil to fund its initial start-up and operating costs.
“In my advisor’s role, I will still be very much involved with the group and its business activities, but now I shall be able to devote more of my time to promote my charitable foundation, Yayasan MyFirst Home, which is almost 1 year old now,” he added.