By Corina Tan
The 34th annual Readers’ Choice Awards of 2021 comes at an unprecedented time when the impact on the travel industry in the past year and a half has been like no other. The Condé Nast Traveler and Condé Nast Traveller, the US and UK titles of one of the world’s top award-winning luxury and travel magazines asked its readers to nominate and rate their travel experiences across the globe. The Readers’ Choice Awards are the longest-running and one of the most prestigious recognition of excellence in the travel industry where more than 800,000 Condé Nast Traveler and Condé Nast Traveller readers submitted responses rating the places they can’t wait to return to next.
Included in this prestigious list of award winners are eight hotels part of The Langham Hotels and Resorts portfolio named as amongst the best in their respective cities or regions.
- The Langham, Shanghai, Xintiandi, #49 on the Top 50 Hotels in the World and #4 out of Top 20 hotels in China
- The Langham, Hong Kong, #5 on the list of the Top 10 Hotels in Hong Kong
- The Langham, Melbourne, #5 on the list of the Top 10 Hotels in Australia and New Zealand
- The Langham, Sydney, #6 on the list of the Top 10 Hotels in Australia and New Zealand
- The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue, #6 on the list of Top 30 Hotels in New York City
- The Langham, Boston, #9 on the list of the Top 10 Hotels in Boston
- The Langham, Chicago, #9 on the list of the Top 10 Hotels in Chicago
- The Langham, London, #14 on the list of the Top 40 Hotels in London
Especially notable is The Langham, Shanghai, Xintiandi ranked on the list of the 50 Best Hotels in the World as well as #4 in all of China. Brett Butcher who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Langham Hospitality Group said, “As travel makes its inevitable return, we are so pleased to see our hotels on the list of favourites chosen by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler and Condé Nast Traveller. We are so proud of all eight of our hotels that made the list, proving that the level of service and experiences we provide is memorable and recognized by the savviest of travellers.”
The Langham Hotels and Resorts is the luxury brand of the Langham Hospitality Group, and has properties in some of the world’s most exciting cultural capitals including the company’s flagships in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Melbourne, Sydney, Jakarta, Hong Kong, Shanghai and a recently opened luxury residence in Nymphenburg, outside Munich. The Langham Hotels and Resorts brand has 17 hotels on four continents, and plan to welcome locations in Gold Coast, Australia in 2022 and Venice in 2023, while also continuing development in China.
If you wish to check out the full list of winners, The 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards are published on Condé Nast Traveler and Condé Nast Traveller’s websites at cntraveler.com/rca and cntraveller.com/topic/readers-travel-awards, and celebrated in the November issue.