Just because you are confined to your home, does not mean you can’t take care of your physical and mental well-being. With wellness being a core to Six Senses, the luxury five-star hotels, resorts and spas, there is an easier way to get a mini-escape and preserve your sanity.
At Home With Six Senses is an online experience that offers practical ways for people to care for themselves and the people they love through the use of videos, tutorials, and articles. All of this is available through Six Senses’ social media channels, newsletters, and website.
This all comes down to several aspects which are:
- Mindfulness: helping people shift energies from worrying about what canâ€™t be controlled to focusing on the present moment, whether that is setting up a home working environment or tips on staying grounded.
- Eat: recipes, interviews and how-to video tutorials focusing on foods with key nutrients and easy strategies to support the immune system, reduce stress and improve sleep along with the hidden power of certain everyday store-cupboard ingredients.
- Sleep: the importance of establishing a sleep routine along with how learning about dosha types can impact sleep, bedtime breathing rituals even the meaning behind certain dreams.
- Move: from at-home workouts to live meditation sessions or yoga poses and tips for boosting energy, or releasing pent-up energy if working or staying at home.
- Live Naturally: adapted activities inspired by the brandâ€™s on-site Earth Labs, and life hacks to try at home to live more sustainably and make the most of whatever nature is around or available.
- Connect: staying connected to reduce anxiety and loneliness when practicing social distancing and how to check in with others and remain community-focused, especially when it comes to those more vulnerable.
Something For The Little Ones Too
At Home With Six Senses does not forget that busy parents may need help entertaining their children during this period of self-quarantine. Hence, they have a Home-Based Junior Marine Biology Program.
Prepared by the resort’s team of marine biologists at Six Senses Laamu, they host short videos and demonstrate activities that anyone can try at home.
The 10-week course is open to everyone and there will be content available and suitable for all ages. The team is expecting some very special events over the next few weeks on the island, including turtle hatching in May, which they will do their best to stream.
Each week, the team will take turns to introduce manta rays, corals, turtle and reef fish. Families can explore seagrass and mangroves and learn how they are vital habitats for supporting a diversity of marine life. Broader topics cover science research, sustainability and how to stay involved over the longer term.
For more details,Â videos, and viewsÂ please visitÂ www.sixsenses.com/en/at-home-with-six-senses